- 8 pieces chicken, preferably breasts and thighs
- Cleaned, washed and skin removed
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1/2 tsp. Perfect Peppers Fire Salt
- 1 tsp. Perfect Peppers Garlic Pimento Salt
- 4 oz.of Perfect Peppers Tamarind Salsa
- 1 large knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh green seasoning
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 – 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- Cooking spray
Wash chicken in lime juice. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.Place the chicken in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients except the cooking spray. Pour the marinade onto the chicken and rub into the chicken pieces, ensuring they are well covered with the marinade. Refrigerate the chicken pieces for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet or dish lightly with cooking spray. Place the chicken pieces in the dish. Top each piece with a little of the tamarind salsa and drizzle with a little coconut or olive oil.
Bake in the oven for approximately 30 – 35 minutes depending on the size of the pieces or until the chicken is cooked.
When chicken is cooked, remove from oven and let rest about 5 – 10 minutes before serving.